Last modified: August 3, 2020
Monument, Inc. (“Monument,” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Monument or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Note, Monument is not a medical group. Any telemedicine consults obtained through our Website are provided by independent medical practitioners including, but not limited to, Life Now Health Group, P.A. (“Life Now Health”), an independent medical group with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”). Life Now Health (or your own medical provider if you do not use a Life Now Health Provider) is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not Monument. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, you are not authorized to access or use our Website, and you must promptly exit our Website.
Individuals located in California should read the important information available here.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (646)-434-2475.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such your name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, credit or debit card number or other financial information, date of birth, credentialing information, Social Security number, Driver’s license numbers, and other government issued identification, your medical history, an health information and other information relating to treatment (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, using our Provider consultation services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and version information.
- details of your visits to our Website, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
4. How We Use Your Information
• provide our Website to you;
• provide products and services to you;
• provide you with information you request from us;
• enforce our rights arising from contracts;
• notify you about changes; and
• provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to process, fulfill, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to provide you with notices about your Monument account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to advertise our services to you;
- to create anonymous data for analytics;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your Account Preferences page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
• our affiliates and third party service providers that we use to support our business;
• to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
• to comply with our legal obligations;
• to affiliates and third parties for their own commercial purposes;
• to enforce our rights; and
• with your consent.
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and marketing;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Monument about our Website users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a Provider;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Monument, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Monument. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Monument to promote our own products and services, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can control what information cookies and similar technologies collect about you as described below. Please note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.
- Advertising Industry Opt-Outs: You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features or installing browser plugins, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Do Not Track. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
7. Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your account password by logging into our Website and visiting the Settings section of our Website. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. If you wish to delete your account, you may do so by logging on to your account or by emailing us at email@example.com. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, or in your operating system.
10. Contact Information
350 7th AveSuite 404New York, New York 10001
Telephone: (646) 960-3553
11. Notice to California Residents
|Information we collect about you||CCPA-defined categories (Definitions are available here.)||Sources of personal information||Purposes for which we may collect and use the personal information||Categories of third parties to which we disclose the personal information|
|You||To provide our Website and products/services
To send you marketing communications
To respond to your requests
|To provide our Website and products/services||None|
|Automatically Collected Information||Online Identifiers
Internet or Network Information
|Automatic collection||To provide our Website and products/services
To send you marketing communications
To advertise our services to you
To create anonymous data for analytics
|Collected directly by advertising partners|
Please note that we may also disclose all personal information to affiliates and service providers, or for purposes of corporate restructuring and compliance, as described in Disclosure of Your Information.California Residents’ Privacy RightsExcept as excluded from the scope of this notice above, the CCPA grants California residents the following rights.
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected, used and shared and used your personal information during the past 12 months. We have made this information available to California residents without having to request it by including it in this notice, in the above chart.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected or maintain about you.
- Opt-out of sale of your personal information. You have a right to opt out from the “sale” of your personal information. We do not sell your personal information in the conventional sense, i.e., for money. However, like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you. Our use of these services may constitute a “sale” of your personal information for purposes of the CCPA because the advertising partners that provide the services may collect information from our users (e.g., the device data and online activity data described above) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you. Please click the “Do Not Sell My Info” link at the footer of the Website to manage cookies used on our Website.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you. How to Submit a Request.
- To request access to or deletion of personal information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identity verification. The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request. We may attempt to verify your identity by asking you to confirm the information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have written authorization confirming such authority.
Shine the LightIt is our policy not to disclose personal information (as defined in California’s Shine the Light Law, California Civil Code Section 1798.83) provided to us by our users (as defined in the Shine the Light Law) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option that prevents that information from being disclosed to third parties for those purposes. Such customers may exercise this option by submitting a CCPA opt-out request to email@example.com.